Monday, July 13, 2020

DFI Week 9

DFI Week 9 - Final thoughts and reflections. 


Today was our last session of our "official DFI", there have been so many valuable life learnings, teaching tips and technology based tips that I have taken away from this experience. I feel that during my time I have pushed myself outside of my comfort zone on a weekly basis, not to mention the abundance of support and knowledge that I have been privileged enough to acquire through this experience. 

When I started my DFI journey I was apprehensive as I work in a junior classroom and I was slightly intimidated as I do not have the same experience level as some of the other participants with Google and chrome books, however through the learning process I found myself adapting and ensuring that I was relating the valuable learnings to my every day teaching practise. I was experimenting more with google tools, iPas apps, the LCS pedagogy, you name it I was trying it. I found my confidence growing with every session which was a great reminder that even though I am technically a teacher I was in the exact same position that my learners were in on a daily basis. 

I feel my understanding of the Maniakalani pedagogy has grown exponentially through this experience, I find myself being an instigator with my colleagues about how we can implement more of the things I have been exposed to through this DFI experience. Moving forward I wish to continue to develop and perfect many of the skills I have learnt. I especially want to introduce more computational thinking into my classroom and will endeavour to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment